A screen protector is an extra layer of protection for your smartphone screen. It won’t protect your device from everything and is not unbreakable.
However, it helps to avoid costly screen repairs and a scratched touch screen, just see it as an added insurance in case something does go wrong.
Table of Contents
- 1 What are the things you need to consider before buying a tempered glass screen protector?
- 2 How do I choose a good screen protector?
What are the things you need to consider before buying a tempered glass screen protector?
I always doubt what kind of screen protector should I get for my phone?
There are a lot of different screen protectors on the market, each with its own set of confusingly similar-sounding features.
Some manufactures excel at providing cheap but reliable protectors, while others focus on a premium experience.
To make things easier, I have listed down following parameters that you should always keep in mind before you buy a tempered glass screen protector.
How do I choose a good screen protector?
1) Phone model and size
The first parameter for selecting a new protector is its size, you should check that its size match the dimensions of your phone.
Screen protectors are cut to match specific phone models and can include cutouts for things like fingerprint sensors and notches for phones with different screen sizes.
2) How much protection you want ?
The screen protectors are mainly made out from plastic and tempered glass.
Tempered glass versions are harder so offer greater protection against scratches and impacts, but they are expensive compared to plastic screen prteoctrs.
3) Check the packaging
The screen protector should in a sealed box.
Sometimes damaged packaging may result in scratches in the glass or many contain dust or dirt.
It should be easy to install and most modern screen protectors come with prep wipe and cleaning cloth which is to be used prior to application.
The hardness rating of tempered glass is based on the Mohs Scale of Mineral Hardness.
Many people use tempered glass today without knowing what 9h hardness is. It ranges from 1 to 10 with glass around 5 and diamonds at the top of the scale.
The higher the number Mohs Scale, tempered glass gonna provide more protection for your device.
Nowadays you have a wide range of options when it comes to the hardness of the screen protector. I have listed few well know tempered glass brands.
- What is Tempered Glass – if you like to know the differance of 2D,2.5D,3d,5D,6D,7D,9D,11D tempered glass and 6H,9H hardness, I have written comprehensive post on this “What is Tempered Glass Screen Protectors?: Difference between the 2D,2.5D,3d,5D,6D,7D,9D,11D,6H,9H Tempered Glass“.
- What is Gorilla Glass – is type of tempered glass and we can say that Gorilla Glass is one of the strongest and scratch resistance mobile screen protector brand. Gorilla Glass is a product of an American multinational technology company name “Corning”.
- What is Dragontrail Glass – In “comparison to Gorilla glass”, “Dragontrail glass” is a new product to the market. In terms of price and quality, it is an excellent and long-lasting product. According to some experts, Dragontrail could be better than Gorilla glass.
Rigidity also allows for easy application and removal of unwanted bubbles when applying the screen protector.
There are so many special coating types which are used to protects the screen.
These coatings may vary from one manufacture to another and you can select
- What is Anti-privacy tempered glass screen protector : these protectors could be made of PET film or tempered glass, just like a standard screen protector. However, it contains an extra anti-spy coating that restricts your screen’s visual angle just to you.
- What is Anti-microbial tempered glass screen protector : screen protectores manufactured using silver ion injection process to insert silver ions into the surface of the protective film. The silver ion attaches to the enzymes of viruses that contaminate them and kills them through the destruction of cells, thus preventing their replication.
- What is Anti-blue light tempered glass screen protector : anti-blue light tempered glass can be used to block the blue light generated by touchscreens.
7) Thickness and screen coverage
The thickness should not be very less or more, less thickness will not give good protection and more thickness can affect usability.
Full coverage tempered glass protector with anti-scratch & durability property.