As we all know tempered glass is a useful accessory that shields the phone screens from cracks, scratches, breakage. There are a few things you needed to consider before buying a tempered glass screen protector.
Table of Contents
- 0.0.1 What is tempered glass used for?
- 0.0.2 What is the difference between tempered glass vs Plastic Screen Protectors?
- 0.0.3 What is Plastic screen protector?
- 0.0.4 What is tempered glass screen protector?
- 0.0.5 Do tempered glass screen protectors really work?
- 0.0.6 1) What is 2D tempered glass screen protector?
- 0.0.7 2) What is 2.5D tempered glass screen protector?
- 0.0.8 3) What is 3D tempered glass screen protector?
- 0.0.9 4) What is a 5D Tempered Glass?
- 0.0.10 5) What is a 9D Tempered Glass?
- 0.0.11 6) What is a 11D Tempered Glass?
- 0.0.12 7) What is 6H and 9H ?
- 0.0.13 8) Difference between 9d and 9h tempered glass ?
- 0.0.14 9) What is 20D tempered glass?
- 0.0.15 How to apply screen protectors? 4 easy steps
- 0.0.16 Summary
- 0.0.17 One small request:
- 0.0.18 If you find this article helpful, please share it with your friends.
- 1 iPhone 12 accessories, KNOW-IT-ALL: What accessories in the iPhone 12 box? What accessories you’ll need to buy?
FAQ on Tempered Glass Screen Protectors
- How to remove screen protectors?
- Are screen protector necessary?
- How to clean screen protectors?
- How to apply screen protectors?
- Are screen protectors worth it?
- Screen protector vs tempered glass?
- Can screen protectors crack?
- Do iPhone come with screen protectors?
- Difference between 5d and 11d tempered glass
- Difference between 9d and 9h tempered glass
- What is Antimicrobial Screen Protector?
- What is Anti-Blue Light Tempered Glass Screen Protector?
- Ultimate Guide: Gorilla Glass vs Tempered Glass Screen Protector vs Dragontrail Glass
- What is 20D tempered glass?
Following a quick guide will help you understand everything you need to know before buying a smartphone screen protector and the key difference between the 2D,2.5D,3d,5D,6D,7D,9D,11D,6H,9H of the tempered glass screen protector product series. So let’s begin…
What is tempered glass used for?
Tempered Glass Screen Protectors are just venerable to cracks, scratches, breakage. However, they do serve as an extra protection layer, which is all you need sometimes. It is truehttps://techbook101.com/tempered-glass-screen-protector/ nowadays most smartphones comes with scratch-resistant glasses such as Gorilla Glass and Dragontrail but they are not foolproof.
So, when you use tempered glass for your smartphone it will help you to increase the strength of the smartphone screen.
What is the difference between tempered glass vs Plastic Screen Protectors?
There are two main types of screen protectors;
- Plastic screen protector
- Tempered glass
Now, you might be confused about whether to go for a plastic screen protector or tempered glass.
What is Plastic screen protector?
Plastic screen protectors are widely available in the market and they have been around for quite some time now. Thye really looks like a small plastic sheet and you must stick them very carefully. However, they offer better resistance against drops. But, can easily spot the scratch marks and overtime plastic screen protectors will lose screen clarity.
As the name suggests, tempered glass protectors are made from glass. Tempered glass screen protectors contain many layers (depend on the manufacture), which includes;
- Oleophobic nano-coating,
- Anti-shatter film
- Finally Penetrable silicone coating, on top of the glass.
In order to create tempered glass, manufacturers extensively heat up the glass and then quickly cool it down to make it incredibly stronger and more durable than normal glass.
Do tempered glass screen protectors really work?
Yes, but isn’t magic. However, tempered glass is just added protection. The main idea is that instead of your phone screen, a tempered glass screen protector will absorb the impact and glass breaks or cracks first, then it is a more cost-effective way to replace than a smartphones screen.
Okay, now we have a better understanding, so we will look at different types of tempered glass in the market.
1) What is 2D tempered glass screen protector?
2D Tempered Glasses are one of the oldest tempered glass available on the market. This is simply a tempered glass screen protector without edge polishing treatment. The tempered glass can be seen once it’s installed and it’s not comfortable to hands and mobile phone edges are easily damaged due to an impact.
2) What is 2.5D tempered glass screen protector?
The 2.5D Tempered Glasses has a CNC polishing edge so that the edge has a certain arc. Hence, phone handling feelings is relatively smooth, of course, the manufacturing process is more compared complex and the glass cost is much higher than the flat edge. One of the most commonly used Tempered Glasses Protectors.
3) What is 3D tempered glass screen protector?
3D Tempered Glasses mainly designed for curved surface mobile phones such as the first curved edge screen Samsung S6 Edge. In order to achieve the 3D edge, glass sends through the hot bending and use modes for different kind of mobile phone screens. As a result user comfort is much higher and glass is fully attached to the phone.
4) What is a 5D Tempered Glass?
5D Tempered Glass protector is very similar to the 3D, however, manufacturers make edge completely fit and completely fit coverage by leaving no gaps between the phone screen and the tempered glass protector.
This design improves the screen touch experience and it looks good on the phone. On the other hand, “oleophobic” or “anti-smudge” coating will help to clean the phone easily.
5) What is a 9D Tempered Glass?
9D Tempered Glass uses a technology that provides flawless clarity sensitivity & smoothness by increasing the maximum transparency of the glass. Following features can clearly visible in 9D Tempered Glass;
- Improve touch-sensitive.
- High hardness (hardness index of 9H on the Mohs Scale of Mineral Hardness).
- Easy to install (no bubbles remain on the display).
6) What is a 11D Tempered Glass?
The 11D Tempered Glass is 10 times stronger than normal glass. It provides 100% transparency and strong 9H surface hardness.
7) What is 6H and 9H ?
6H or 9H means the hardness rating of tempered glass based on the Mohs Scale of Mineral Hardness. The higher the number Mohs Scale, tempered glass gonna provide protection for your device.
8) Difference between 9d and 9h tempered glass ?
The 9D tempered glass uses a low thickness glass layer to improve the touch quality of the tempered glass. This will increase the sensitivity and light penetration of the tempered glass.
On the other hand, 9H means the hardness of the screen protector. As explain above hardness rating of tempered glass is based on the Mohs Scale of Mineral Hardness. The higher the number Mohs Scale, tempered glass gonna provide protection for your device. So, if you use a 9h hardness screen protector you have less chance of getting your phone scratch against everyday objects such as coins and coins.
9) What is 20D tempered glass?
20d tempered glass is just another marketing tagline use by various tempered glass manufactures. However, I found out that 20D tempered glass used innovative glass cold bending technology. As I have explained above most of the modern tempered glass available in the market provide full cover curved edge screen protections.
How to apply screen protectors? 4 easy steps
Step 1 – Please clean the smartphone screen to be of 100% no dust using a given cleaning packet.
Step 2 – Peel off the plastic film and past the tempered glass on the screen carefully.
Step 3 – Press the screen from the middle part until it sticks to the screen.
Step 4 – Squeeze out the reset of bubbles by fingers or the attached tool
Sometimes it is not easy to apply a screen protector to your phone, I have written a new article on how to apply tempered glass screen protectors without bubbles.
Yap, it’s really important to get a screen protector, especially a tempered glass protector for your smartphone. It is much similar to an original smartphone screen. However, this protection sits on top of the phone screen and it doesn’t cover the whole phone as the case does. Hence, if your phone falls on to corners, any kind of tempered glass screen protectors will not able to handle the impact. Nevertheless, it will help you to protect your phone screen from scratches the screen just by using your smartphone every day.
Before you buy a tempered glass protector you have to consider key features such as hardness (6H,9H), correct shape (3d,5D,6D,7D,9D,11D glasses) and finally thickness for touch sensitivity.
So, please leave a comment below, and let me know what you think!
Now you know how to apply a screen protector. If you want to remove screen protector it this article will help you.